Thursday 29 December 2011

Fair-isle obsessed.

Okay, well it is fair to say that when it comes to Fair-isle print I am obsessed. I wear too much of it, wear it a little too long after Christmas and talk about it like a hero (as you are about to see). It's popularity and credibility shot to an all time low after being unfairly linked to the Bridget Jones Jumper and labelled incredulously as a 'Christmas Jumper'. Luckily the fair isle knitted jumper has made its come back in the last couple of years and is now the winner I always knew it was. Maybe its just me but I see them everywhere I go! As I stroll down round the shops I see people, both men and women of all ages, wearing them. To those out there that like to call them geeky (and mean it simply as an insult) - 'Geek Chic' is a much loved and followed trend by majority of Fashionista's world wide *breathes* So hah! Okay so that sounded a tiny bit obnoxious but I just drank a badly made dirty Martini and it appears to be having a peculiar effect on me.

I do not own this images, extracted from GOOGLE.
Anyway, this is the outfit I wore today. It was pretty cold so I wrapped up warm! Snapped on my iPod Touch, I wore a long, grey fair-isle knitted jumper dress, a pair of black leggings, a skinny red belt and a matching scarf and fingerless gloves. I also applied a touch of red lipstick to match the belt and add a festive touch.
The red belt and fair-isle print

Jumper, scarf and my red lips

A close up of my belt

Me and my little brother in the car

A full length picture of my outfit


My dirty Martini
So let me know what you think of my outfit. Do you love or hate Fair-isle knits? Does a dirty Martini have a similarly obnoxious effect on you...
Hope you all had an Amazing Christmas,
Thank-you for reading!




P.s I have now reached 68 followers. I have only 3 days to reach my target of 75!

19 comments:

Camilla said...

so cute! I love fairisle knits so much :) perfect and cosy

xo Camilla

Into The Fold

Arianne said...

Aww I really love the Fair- isle print; I've been looking for a jumper with it but your scarf is so cute as well :)
Ohh! and love the bold red belt, it gives a pop of colour to your outfit! Happy holidays!
-A, xoxo

stereospecs said...

i love the fairisle print, especially at this festive time of year. thankyou for the lovely comment by the way! :)

Sakuranko said...

Cute pictures sweetie!
God Bless you~~
Happy New Year 2012.


Sakuranko Blog
My Facebook Fan Page


XoXO

ellie said...

I love knits like that. Especially, your jumper. I had no idea it was called that kind of knit though.

What's in a dirty martini???

Looking fab!

ivy's closet said...

Really love your scarf. Looks like you are having some fun this holiday!

joy said...

Fair-isle knits are the best, your outfit is so cozy and cute :) I love it!

June said...

Looking cute! Thanks for commenting and following! You have your 69th follower now :)
xx
http://junebiswas.blogspot.com

Maiken said...

I think Fair-isle print is a cute one and it's stupid to criticize any prints. at least I'm not somebody who cares about trends - I wear everything I like and don't care what others say or think. I also like what you're wearing and the red lipstick compliments the whole ensemble nicely.
btw, I don't drink Martini at all :P

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

HailesHeartsFashion said...

Hey guys, thank you for all the comments. Glad to read that so far no one has been hating on fair-isle although I will accept that it isn't for everyone. Thank-you for the new follower and all the nice comments on my outfit! A dirty Martini is basically Gin, Vermouth, olive brine and olives - bit of a strange drink really.

Hope you guys have a fantastic New Year!

Hailes<3

cococherry said...

ahh you look so pretty with red lips! they suit you perfectly! or wait... i might have told you that already hah

Tiffany said...

your whole outfit looks very nice, I love that print!
Thanks for the comment on my blog - hope you have a happy new year :)

Lucía said...

I love the pictures, especially the one that you are with your brother; both of you are so cute *-*. Thanks for the comment!
best wishes for 2012! :)

Cathy said...

Love the Fair-isle print; you look great in it.
--

Mind checking out my blog? (:
onceuponasprinkle.blogspot.com

Monica Kosasih said...

Your scarf is so cute,happy new year dear ;)
X
monicakosasih.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Girl you rocked the scarf and the red lips. The dirty martini looks yummy!

P.s. I am your 71st follower :)

Happy New Year Doll.

Živa said...

I love fairisle print! I have a dress like that and I've been practically living in it this winter. Ahh, you've made me want a Martini right now, haha. x

Tanja S. said...

You look amazing, Haile! And you also have a nice name! :)

Sofie said...

awesome sweater! ♥