Friday 16 March 2012

Hailes Hearts Henry Holland.

As I was walking through Debenhams (high-street department store) I stumbled across a new range of clothes. I saw the name Henry Holland and immediately thought I must be mistaken. But sure enough it was him and practically everything I saw, I fell in love with instantly. I came across this green satchel with a bright orange lining and reluctantly looked for the label. It was £35 but is now down to £26.25!! Both pretty reasonable prices. (Sadly) I put it on my birthday list so I can't really justify buying it in case someone else has had the same idea.

I really like this bag because I could mix it in with so many different styles. Versatility is a key when picking a day bag. It could be thrown on with a tea dress and pumps or jeans, a baggy top and fitted blazer. The satchel never fails to let me down and the fact that this one is such an unusual colour (similar to the Mulberry Satchels) makes it even more exciting and eye catching.

The collection this bag is from is called H! by Henry Holland and is is full of tea dresses and blouses mixed with a sporty edge of accessories. The Sport Luxe trend is so big here in England. I am putting it down to the Olympics being held in London this Summer. Everywhere I look, somebody is talking about it! I haven't been too thrilled by the examples I have seen of this trend on TV, neon clothes and random zips aren't really my style. Although I do like to occasionally throw in a 'current look' - this collection has the right mix of vintage, sport and androgyny with all the peter pan collars! This collection is perfect for me.

Make sure you check out his collection at your nearest Debenhams or online (click here).



17 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love the color. It is very versatile, which is great for an investment piece.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

underthewillowtrees said...

This is a stunning colour and a pretty neat design too. Gorgeous x

ellie said...

I love the color. What a cool bag.

ivy's closet said...

Sounds like a fun spring trend. Love the handbag.

Courtney Erin said...

I think that's a great bag - what a wonderful color as well!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

lucy and sarah said...

This is such a great bag. Love the color.

Yeah, zippers aren't my thing either.

mazzy may said...

Such an awesome color. Wow, it would be great to go with so many things.

Maiken said...

Olympics is the reason why I and my boyfriend decided to skip visiting London this year and chose Prague instead :P
anyway, the green bag you've chosen looks really classy! I like the colour very much and hope you'll get the bag :)

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Nuellasource said...

It's very versatile indeed but I would have prefer another color, I'm not a great fan of this green anyway I love the shape.
Have a nice weekend :)
xo

Ella said...

I love this satchel! The colour is stunning. Going to check out the collection a little more now xx
Ella @ Belle Vintage

Ashley said...

Well, that's pretty cool. I'm more giddy about the color than the design: you're right, it IS totally versatile. And I love treating green like a neutral. So many fun looks to create! I hope you get it for your bday!

P.S. Thanks so much for your comment and adding me to your blog roll! Means so much! <3

Sada said...

What a gorgeous find! Love this. The colour is so pretty. What a find. I hope you can get one eventually. Thanks for sharing about this brand. Heading over to check it out now.
xo
Sada
Dressology HQ

Julie Ann Lozada said...

such a cute bag, i like the color and style!

It’s a GIRL Thing

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bag, the colour is awsome & it's so much cheaper than a Cambridge Satchel yet still gives the same effect.

Juneli said...

Love this green bag and thanks for your sweet comment!

Rebecca said...

I really love the H! collection. I don't often go into Debenham's, but I always check this out when I do. This is the perfect bag, and green is my second favourite colour (after red), so I'm not surprised you put it on your list - happy early birthday! xxx

fox hunter said...

love this bag! colour and form are just perfect for combining it with a denim jacket!
thank u for commenting+following! (you forgot to follow although u said u do but it doesn't matter ;-) )
xx from germany