Saturday 10 March 2012

a sunny saturday in spring.

Today has been really sunny and instead of going out and basking in Spring air, I spent a lot of the day in my room, in the sun, reading 'The Help'. Such an amazing book. Anyway, I really like this outfit and knew I had to share it with you all! My outfit posts are few and far between but I am trying to mix up my content a bit - you know, keep you all interested. Whilst getting dressed I kept wondering whether it was season appropriate? it definitely has an Autumnal vibe but the material and print of the dress reminds me a lot of an African Summer. The colours are vibrant, my hair is beach-y and I am wearing Floral perfume. That counts, right? If I am honest, I love wearing trends, feeling modern and up to date but I also believe in wearing what you like and feel comfortable in. Today wasn't warm, it may have been 14 degrees so the leggings and jacket were essential! It was sunny however and I started to wish I had taken my sunnies out with me!

Full length outfit; Leggings - Evans, Dress - Newlook

Earrings and nail varnish - Topshop

Leather Jacket - Newlook

Brogues - Evans

Satchel - Primark


Orange bracelet - Newlook, other bracelets - Unknown
After taking some photos in my garden, we then headed to a small Sussex village called Alfriston. I bought some amazing cutlery for University (see below) and also purchased some rosy apples from the village sweet shop. I love going to little villages here in England, especially down in Sussex where I live. Everything is so authentic and it feels like stepping straight back into the 1930's. 
My new cutlery, rosy apples and the book I am currently reading - 'The Help'
I hope you are all having a great weekend!
Please let me know your thoughts on this outfit or on the book I'm reading. I am always up for discussing books!!

24 comments:

Dongaala said...

thats a nice shoes! :)

touchofawanderer.blogspot.com

ellie said...

I like this print! Such great accessories too! Sweet earrings. & fab shoes!

ivy's closet said...

Awesome! Target seems to be infested with these sort of prints..so I think you are very much in the trend!

I so envy those shoes.

lucy and sarah said...

Love the look. Very cool earrings!

daisychain said...

Love this outfit! I've just finished reading The Help, it's such a great book!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa said...

That's such a gorgeous dress, I love the earrings too!

Catherine, XO.

Juneli said...

Love the dress and the ear rings are fab!!

underthewillowtrees said...

Gorgeous dress and satchel :) xx

my mini bag said...

Your outfit is adorable. I love the shoes.

I have been meaning to read The Help. Looks like a great book.
http://myminibag.blogspot.com

Maiken said...

+14 degrees!!? gosh, this would be so awesome! but our weather sucks so badly..
anyway, I like this post. cool photos and beautiful outfit. that dress looks gorgeous and the shoes - I love those! and I think patterns should not be divided according to seasons. a girl can wear everything whenever she wants to ;)

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

joy said...

The print of your dress is so cool and the shoes are so cute, your entire outfit looks really nice :)

Courtney Erin said...

I love this whole look! The print is great, the earrings are perfect with it, the jacket is adding the perfect amount of edge, and the shoes are adorable. And your hair is making me miss my longer hair (only I could never get mine to look that good!).

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Nuellasource said...

I adore the print of your dress. The earrings are really beautiful and I love your varnish color. I wish I could give you some of our sunny weather here so that we take rest, because it's damn hot here lol
Have a nice sunday :)
xo

ROSE OLIVEIRA said...

beautiful loved everything but the jacket is magnificent...

http://blogtopodendo.blogspot.com/

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

I love the pattern of your dress and the way it works with your earings... fab-fab-fab!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog
P.S. love your blog and following you now

Josie said...

You're so right about wearing what you like and feel comfortable in! I love your dress, the pattern is gorge. xxx

SunshineCitizen said...

Hailes :)Love the shoes and the print on the dress is gorgeous! Great outfit...
SunshineCitizen

Amber said...

loving the pattern on your dress. I didnt get a chance to read The Help but I did see the film and loved it!

Anonymous said...

Loving the patterned dress !
I haven't read The Help, but it's definetely on my to read list.

Anonymous said...

amazing look!

Sada said...

GREAT outfit. Love the Missoni feel of the dress. Sometimes a day indoors with a book is perfect and i do love the cutlery you bought. ps. LOVE the nail polish!
xo
Sada
Dressology HQ

Chiara said...

love your shoes!!!!!kisses dear

Ashley said...

Great look! Such stunning statement pieces. I love me a good tribal print, and that dress is the best thing I've seen in a long time.

I really want to read The Help! I'll have to put it on my to-read list.

Thanks so much for your comment!!

JustMe,JustSam said...

I have got this book, I'm just starting to read it now, and i love it! i definitely recommend the film too

i nominated you for the versatile blogger award :)

http://justmejustsam.blogspot.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

xxxx