Saturday 11 August 2012

i'm off to see the planes...


Ever since I can remember, every Summer, my local town holds a big air show called Airbourne. It features planes from the Second World War doing tricks in the sky along the promenade. Thousands flocks to the seafront to watch, some coming from all over England! I haven't been every single year for various reasons, but we headed down their today and it was as magnificent as I always remembered.




[Denim Dress - Newlook, Blouse - Ann Harvey, Leggings - ASOS, Pumps - Newlook, Sunglasses - Dorothy Perkins, Bag - Newlook]
This was the outfit I wore to Airbourne. You may be thinking that you recognise my denim dress. Yes, it featured similarly in my last post but remember two things, one, that was nearly two weeks ago and two, it is the first time I have worn it since! I layered it over a mint green blouse, leggings, pumps and tote. My sunglasses are also new. I bought them for £2 at Dorothy Perkins in the sale (similar ones here).

Below, are some pictures of the beautiful planes on show this weekend. I'm such an ignorant girl when it comes to planes so I can't tell you what any of them are...other than planes of course. My favourite were the two red planes that left such a beautiful smoke trail in the sunshine. They literally danced in the sky and came unbelievably close, close enough to see the wing walkers (if you look close enough). The weather was unusually great and the noise from the jets, as loud as always!





Do you have any similar annual shows, where you live?

Let me know your thought on my pictures as well as my outfit!

Thank you for reading,



9 comments:

Ella said...

These pictures are lovely! I wish there was something like this near me. I love your denim xx

Fashion R&D said...

Love the way you are wearing the dress as a layer! Great pictures! We don't really have anything like your air show where I live.

Maiken said...

unfortunately there are no similar air shows here where I live but your photos are SO cool! all the planes look amazing.
and your outfit of the day is really nice as well. I especially love the jewellery you're wearing. oh and your new sunnies are fabulous!

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Bonnie said...

This would be so fun! It's great for a summertime activity.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Unknown said...

Great photos! The planes look SO cool, I can only imagine how neat it'd be to see it all LIVE!
You look lovely as well, the denim vest is super cute!

BTW... I am so glad you're like my hair diary - there will be lots of updates to come for sure, in fact I just finished a video on my hair care faves so I hope you like vlogs!!
XX

xoxo Bree
The Urban Umbrella

http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

J said...

Your outfit is cute!
My town has something similar, but it's mainly locals doing tricks in their planes- no jets.

xxLiora
lioraatsea.blogspot.com

DANIELLE // DKD DESIGNS said...

You look lovely Hailes :-). The denim dress is gorgeous, I need to get one! Glad you had a lovely time, the photos look amazing! xx

Unknown said...

Those sunglasses are pretty damn cool, especially for two quid, what a steal!

I'd love to go to an airshow like that, I used to go with my dad when I was young but out here in Korea I'm not sure they have any...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, have a great weekend hun!



Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING xxx

Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com! :)

What.Jessica.Loves said...

You look cute !
Love your outfit <3