Saturday 1 March 2014

pebbles, piers and pink skies.


























HAPPY MARCH EVERYONE!
(This month I turn 21)

So I haven't been back home since the Christmas holiday. That's seven weeks since I've slept in my lovely comfy double bed. Seven weeks since I've had a decent shower (my student shower sucks!) but most importantly, seven whole painful weeks since I've been by the sea. Growing up on the coast makes you form a certain attachment with it. You yearn for it when you're away. It's like a breathing thing. Pulling up to the seafront, I put the window down and took a deep breath of lovely fresh sea air. My lungs started to work again. 

Anyway, I'm only back for a few days but I'm planning to make the most of it. Today we went to Brighton and had a late lunch beside the seafront. It would've been nice to go for a walk but it was crazily cold so  instead we went down to the beach and took some photos of the pebbles and the pier and the beautiful pink sky. I also managed to get my reluctant father to take a couple of snaps of my outfit. As you can see, I am wearing a mint green jumper. I am currently really into my pastels and so excited to wear lovely spring colours when the weather perks up and the heat rises above freezing here. Below are the details of my outfit. I am so ashamed of my obvious Newlook obsession. Don't judge.

[Jacket, Skirt, Jumper, Leggings, Boots - All Newlook, Necklace and scarf - Accesorise, Gloves- Matalan]

Anyway, let me know what you think of my outfit, my pictures and if you live by the sea, do you long for it when you're away or am I just crazy?

P.s as you may, or may not, have noticed, the quality of my pictures aren't quite as good as normal. That's because I stupidly forgot my lovely DSLR and instead had to use my mums rather good, but not as good, digital camera.




7 comments:

Single Parent Pessimist said...

Ah I know what you mean! I'm from and in Brighton and never seem to breathe right until I come back here after I have been away! Love the outfit, I've just started my own plus size blog! Http://www.tallcurvymumma.wordpress.com

joy said...

I love your outfit! The skirt is so cute :) And hmmm I don't live next to the sea but I do live in a part of the US that is basically warm year round so I think I might miss the nice weather if I move somewhere cold next year for college!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos, and I love how you layered your outfit! You look beautiful :) I really enjoy your blog so far and would love to follow each other--please join my GFC and I'll follow you right back!

StylizedLuxe
Instagram

xo Jess

Catherine said...

The pictures are so beautiful, & I love this outfit,the sweet blue colors are perfect ! ♥

Nefertiti said...

j adore la tenue et le style et quel magnifique endroit ! ;o)

Closet Fashionista said...

Wow, what beautiful views!! And you look so cute! I would be afraid of my skirt flying everywhere though, haha
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Ola Ci said...

amazing pictures, Hailes! I love the light leaks, always trying to get as many as i can on my pics :)

xx Ola
blogdirtysecret.blogspot.com