Monday 11 August 2014

what's in my hand luggage?

fashion and beauty blog, fashion, beauty, travel, hand luggage, new look, river island, ted baker, plus size fashion blog, travel beauty essentials

Tomorrow I'm heading off on holiday to Tenerife for two weeks! I'm excited and a little bit nervous. Excited because I plan to soak up as much sun as is physically possible so I have something that resembles a tan (I believe for redheads it's usually just 'a healthy glow') and also to read until I've forgotten my name. I love books and the sun so it shouldn't be hard. 
I'm nervous because I haven't flown since my gap year trip to Australia which was back in 2011. So three years ago! You're probably thinking, if you can do a 24 hour flight on your own then surely a 4 hour flight with your family will be easy-peasy. Well firstly, you haven't met the stress that is my family (sorry if any of you are reading this) and secondly, I much prefer long haul flights. You somehow manage to forget you're on a plane because it just becomes normal. It's the thought of sitting on a cramped plane for 4 whole hours and feeling every second of it that really concerns me. I just pray I fall asleep and when I wake up, I'm there. Anyway! I decided to make my last post for two weeks a glimpse into what's in my hand luggage. I always like to have a good (virtual) nosey around bloggers bags/hand luggage so I thought you might too...

fashion and beauty blog, fashion, beauty, travel, hand luggage, new look, river island, ted baker, plus size fashion blog, travel beauty essentials






















Black leather look rucksack from New Look

River Island purse to hold my lack of Euros
 
Keys on my worn out Cath Kidston lanyard 

Retro style reading glasses

Much needed Tictacs

Large Paperchase notepad

Essential and easy going book. Naturally has to be John Green.

Company magazine (I couldn't find a summer Cosmo)

Detangler brush 

Little perfume

Earphones (for my iPhone which I stupidly left in the pocket of my rucksack...oops)

Pocket tissues and wipes because I believe in hygiene

Summer Ted Baker make-up bag (see below for the contents!)


fashion and beauty blog, fashion, beauty, travel, hand luggage, new look, river island, ted baker, plus size fashion blog, travel beauty essentials























Stylefile in case I break a nail.

My Benefit eyebrow kit in case my eyebrows become uncontrollable...

A nice moisturiser for my face (cause flying really dries out your skin!)

Burt's Bees lip balm and nail cream (see reason above!)

Mascara in case I need a top up when I get to my destination!

Blotting tissues are just an essential anyway.

Hand gel should be taken everywhere. Especially when public toilets are involved.

My wonderful-can't-live-without colour correction cream (Benefit's lemon aid) just in case my eyes have dark circles or I wanna hide an out of nowhere spot!

I won't be posting on here over the next couple of weeks, but hopefully when I'm back (on the 26th) I'll have heaps of nice holiday outfits and pics to share.

HAPPY SUMMER! 
See you in two weeks :)




6 comments:

daisychain said...

Have an amazing holiday! xx

alice said...

Tissues and wipes because I believe in hygiene - hahahah, yes!!!! Totally agree! I'm jealous that you are going to Tenerife for two weeks, have an amazing time!

The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Anastasia said...

Hailes, how fun! Enjoy Tenerife and hope the flight goes smoothly for you and your family!
xo
Anastasia
http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

**Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Ditsy Sprinkles Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ** said...

Hope you have a wonderful holiday! Looking forward to seeing lots of photos. xx

ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

Molly Mac said...

Have a great time!! :)
~Moll

www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

JanandJill.com said...

I hope you have a great trip and love the items you posted. I've seen great lashes for years, but never used it. :)

xoDale
www.savvyspice.com